Business level Japanese skill/Intermediate English skill required.
(Please only apply for this Job if you if you can speak & write Japanese at a business level). Full-Season & Short-Term Positions Available.
GUEST SERVICES – AIRPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Are you passionate about people? Do you have a can-do attitude? Wan tto be a part of a great team? Then the SkiJapan.com Airport Team is perfect for you!
We are seeking friendly, charming, efficient and smiley bilingual (English & Japanese) speaking staff to work from our SkiJapan.com desk at New Chitose Airport. You must have exceptional customer service skills and a passion for dealing with people.
You will be responsible for meeting/greeting guests coming off their flights & assisting them with their transfers from New Chitose Airport to Niseko and other Hokkaido ski resorts.
Guest Services - Airport Representative
(This position is not based in Niseko, it is based at New Chitose Airport)
- Meeting/Greeting guests
- Assisting guests by taking them to their designated transfer service meeting points
- Organizing guest transfers from Chitose to Niseko
- Communicating any issues/delays/cancellations to the Guest Services & Transfers teams in Niseko
- Answering telephones, email and airport desk inquiries
- Providing guests with key local information & assistance
- Assisting guests departing Chitose/Niseko
- Liaising with airline staff and transfer companies in the event of delays or cancellations
- Helping guests with accommodation bookings in the event of flight delays/cancellations
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
- Personal customer service experience (face-to-face)
- Travel/tourism experience
- Office/administration experience
- Previous Guest Services experience
- Experience working in an airport
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Energetic, confident, can-do attitude
- Exceptional guest experience skills
- Genuine passion for assisting people
- Competent computer skills
- Mature, flexible approach with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Reliable, very organised and well presented
- Ability to work long hours and multi task
- Willingness to work variable shifts at different times of day and night
- Stress tolerance for hectic business times, ability to display patience and tact
- Show initiative, with the ability to think on your feet
Japanese/English bilingual staff required (Please do not apply for this position if you are not bilingual)
Must be a Japanese resident or have/be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
SKI/ SNOWBOARD ABILITY:
No previous ski/snowboard ability is required, however some experience is preferred as it helps to relate to our guests
- Approx. 190,000JPY to 210,000JPY per month, plus access to a free Grand Hirafu Lift pass
- Transportation allowance (札幌、室蘭からの交通費支給、空港まで車通勤可）
- Late November 2018 – Late March 2019 (Full Season)
- Late November 2018 – Late February 2019 (Short-Term)
This kind of work is snow & customer dependent, so you expect to work reduced hours during the first and last few weeks of the season.
- Full Time, 5 x days per week.
- You will be contracted to work an average of 40 hours per week throughout the winter, though this will be higher in peak season (late-Dec to mid-Feb) and lower during quiet times.
This role is based in Chitose and NOT in Niseko, however we can organize staff accommodation in Niseko during your days off and provide free weekly transfers between Chitose and Niseko. We can assist with finding you accommodation in Chitose and pay for any parking or commuting fees.
Location: Niseko, Japan